This will not at all be an objective review; Probe was one of my favourite websites during my tertiary student days. As a Christian Sociology major with neither a Christian mentor nor a support group, not only did Probe answer some of my questions but the articles that Probe offers demonstrate that no academic discipline is out of bounds for the Christian.
Probe Ministries was started in 1973 with the mission to provide biblical answers to life questions. It seeks to integrate faith and learning through biblically-based scholarship in order to train the minds of Christians and equip the Church to engage culture for Christ.
Probe Ministries provides the following resources:
· A website chock full of articles covering disciplines such as history, culture and the arts, government and public policy, education, science and theology. Within each discipline or category, are papers addressing a myriad of issues. For example, in the area of "personal development," the articles address issues ranging from anxiety, depression, fears, guilt and stress to midlife transition, the will of God and the meaning of life.
· Essays and commentaries categorized by personality, for example, Kerby Anderson's commentaries on current issues in the US.
· PowerPoint slides on some topics if you would like to give a presentation.
· A radio program of which transcripts are available for programs broadcast the previous week.
· An apologetics study centre at the University of Texas, Austin.
· Mind Games conferences which they organize in the US and around the world.
· You can also read Probe's response to some of the email messages they receive.
You may not agree with everything Probe has to say or every position they take (and I certainly don't) but it's good scholarship and a great place to start putting your mind into action.
MCN is making this information known as part of our service to our Ministry Partners of events related to Marketplace Ministry and Training Resource. MCN is a Ministry of GCF - Singapore